Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Daddy Loves Me

Guess what!   ....I learned something today.....   All the determination in my little heart will never make me who I need/want/desire to be. And no matter how hard I try, I'll never get there on my own.

I also learned that the same God who has forgiven me for the things I have done, for the times I have failed, for the mess I've made of my life - oh, the list can go on and on - That same God, loves me today. Right now. Just as I am. And I'll never be good enough, strong enough, kind enough, full of purpose enough to deserve that love. I'll never be or do enough to earn or deserve His grace. I already have it. The price was paid long long ago. It was paid for me so that I don't have to be alone on this journey. So that I don't have to figure out this life on my own.

My heart is so full of peace, my mind feels so clear and uninhibited, I am full of ideas of things I want to do, things I want to accomplish, ways I want to love on people, and it's all coming together in the realization that I don't have to DO it! It's in my willingness to Let Go and just be who I am in search of who God is that I will find my purpose fulfilled. It's in that place of "I'm not good enough and that's AWESOME" that I'll be everything I'm called to be. It's in that place of "I don't have what it takes to get this done, but God DOES!" that I'll find myself doing more than I ever thought possible. Because it won't be me! :) It'll be Him working through me.

So, this morning the pressure is OFF and the joy is ON. :) I'm filled to capacity with hope and peace and excitement that I feel because of the love of my Father. This morning I climbed up in his lap and told him my faults and failings and He just kind of chuckled (that deep rumbly chuckle you hear when your head is pressed against your Daddy's chest) and rumbled, "I know, my love. I made you exactly this way." And it's in that quiet moment that I realized that what I've always known to be true, really is true: I was made on purpose, for a purpose, and it's really not up to me to find the path. It's my job to follow where He leads me.


I've got my dancing shoes on and it's time to party! This little girl has found her way home.

Resting my little heart in my Father's arms,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment