Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Introspection

I have come to realize that I'm really good at being aware of when I'm doing something wrong and determining in my heart to fix it. In the process, I'm realizing that I'm not so great at giving myself a pat on the back for the things I do right. So, I think in all fairness to myself it's time I recognize what talents, gifts, and strengths God has given me.

I am a good friend.
I love deeply.
I am a faithful person.
I am fair.
I have a kind heart.
I am a good Momma and a nurturer by nature.
I am organized and detail-oriented.
I love to give.
I see the glass as half-full.
I love to show love to people.

You know something? It was kind of hard to write those down and not put the "exceptions" out beside them. You know, those times that I know that I fail at those basic things. It was hard to not think of some moments when I did not exactly exemplify those things. But, I know, from a place deep within me, that those ten things are true, are good, are God-given, and are who I am. I know that God has designed me with gifts, talents, and the attributes that make me 'Me' on purpose. I was created and formed for a purpose. And I will live that out. I am determined to become what God created me to be. I will build a legacy that matters. I will leave to my children those things that are intangible. Those things that matter, not just in this life, but in the eternity that is to come. And I will strive to be excellent in all that I do.

With all of my determined heart,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment