Wednesday, February 8, 2012

IHOP at Midnight

I had reached a brick wall tonight and I was feeling deflated and frustrated. I called a dear friend to firm up some plans and she scolded me! (Can you believe it!?!) "Don't Quit!", she said. "Don't ever doubt in the dark what God promised you in the light!" .....Words to live by, right there..... 

So, I didn't. I didn't quit. And I stopped doubting. Guess what happened? Yup....God showed up and God showed out! 

Girls, I want to tell you: Never doubt the impact you are having on a life. Never doubt what you know your purpose is. And I want you to remember this - God created YOU on purpose and He created YOU for a purpose. Ain't no accidents here, girlfriend! ;)

Tonight I learned that spontaneity is infectious, that laughter among friends is the best kind, and that I am so very blessed to have the friends that I do. Isn't it amazing how God brings along ladies that are just exactly what you need, right when you need them? Honey, we don't find each other by accident! :) God knows we need each other - and he created friendship...yep, you guessed it!...on purpose!!!

So, at 2:35am, as I'm just finishing up getting Mia's school clothes laid out and her lunch packed - because I caught the spontaneity bug and jumped in the car and went to IHOP at midnight with my mom and a friend - I just want to tell YOU:

Don't Quit!
And sweetheart, don't you EVER doubt in the dark what God promised you in the light!!!


Words to live by, indeed.

With blurry eyes and a happy heart,
Kim

6 comments:

  1. I love this. You have an awesome gift of writing. So glad you have decided to do the blogs. What a message for us all today in this blog. I hope you are keeping copies of your journaling to where you can have them in a safe place for your family to have and enjoy for years to come...a true gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a journal that I write in all the time - I just started journaling in November at the advice of an amazing woman named Robbie Page (she founded Oneand2.com) - but I haven't been printing out my blogs. I probably should do that!

      Thank you for the kind words about the blogs. It was a step of faith - and a laying down of pride - to start blogging, but I have to say, God is honoring my obedience in ways I never could have imagined. I'm so thankful for his faithfulness!

      P.S. - I'd love to know who you are! Would you email me? (advokim@gmail.com)

      Delete
  2. Glad y'all had a good time yesterday. I really enjoy your writing, keep it up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Great blog! You inspired me to try and be more spontaneous... I'm a "bit" of a planner...lol! Ok, that's an understatement. I love you Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great words of encouragement! I love it when little scriptures seem like they were written just for you, just when you need them. Then again, I guess they kind of are. God is pretty cool like that! :)

    ReplyDelete