Thursday, February 2, 2012

Confirmation and Transformation

Wow. Wow. Wow! God is absolutely amazing...just in case you haven't noticed. ;) I have been doing a lot of introspection lately and digging deep to change some things about myself so that I can make a difference in my world. I know that change begins with me. As a woman I highly respect says, You have to "Be the change you want to see". So, if I want my world to be different, I must be different. As I've headed out on this journey, I've had my eyes opened to my own humanity, the selfishness that comes along with that, and the fact that the only good in me is Jesus Christ himself.

I got on a webinar/bible study last night call 'Pink Life' (If you are interested in learning more about it, go to One and 2 and check it out. It's definitely worth your time!) and God totally confirmed for me that this journey I am on is right. That what I am realizing about myself is not uncommon. That it is possible to change. And that there are women who are willing to put in the time to teach me, mentor me, and love on me through the journey. Thank you, Jesus!!! I can't imagine having to try and do this alone!

I'd like to share with you one major point that I came away with last night - maybe it will trigger a desire in your for something more, as it did for me.

The verse that Robbie gave us to memorize, hide in our heart, and walk out was Romans 12:2.

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. (NLT)

Wow. Talk about an awakening. I was amazed.....I know this verse....I've heard this verse all my life! Why in the world was last night the first time that it slapped me in the forehead? Maybe it's because, for the first time, I was ready to hear - truly, open-heartedly, hear. 

I woke up the last two mornings with this thought and I am clinging to His promises. 

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (NLT) - Jeremiah 29:11

I know, with everything in me, that my God loves me, He has great plans for me, and without Him I am nothing. I am excited to walk this thing out and become transformed.

With all of my determined heart,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Amen! it's in him we live,move,and have our being!!

    ReplyDelete