Monday, February 27, 2012

Words

"Your words create your world" is a statement that has completely gotten in my gut. I have realized that life and death, truly are, in the tongue. That what I say DOES impact my life.

So many things in my life have tried to teach me this!

"Think before you speak!"
"Listen more than you talk!"
"Positiveness is important!"

And then that got me to thinking...what does the Bible say about this subject? I know I've heard it over the years that the tongue is the most difficult muscle to control...but why have I never really thought about this before? So, I did some digging and here is what I found:


Matthew 12:37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Proverbs 10:19 When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

Proverbs 12:13 An evil man is trapped by his sinful talk, but a righteous man escapes trouble.

Proverbs 13:2 From the fruit of his lips a man enjoys good things, but the unfaithful have a craving for violence.

Proverbs 13:3 He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.

Proverbs 21:23 He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity. 


Pretty plain, isn't it?....



So, my prayer today has been this: Let me listen more than I speak. Let me hear the voice of God speak through me. May I forever speak LIFE and refuse to speak DEATH. I will speak life over my children. I will speak life over my husband. I will speak life over myself. I will create a world, with my mouth, in which God reigns supreme, blessings are given and received, and fruit is shown. 


I want to live a life of blessing. Not just a life of receiving blessings - although, I do want to receive blessings! - but a life that is a blessing!!! 


Today I challenge you to think before you speak - and when you DO speak, think about the words that are coming out of your mouth. Are you speaking life? Are you speaking blessings? Are you creating a world you want to live in?....The power is truly, absolutely, yours. What will you do with that power? 


With my ears and heart wide open,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment