Saturday, July 7, 2012

Answers

Wow. I woke up this morning and was scrolling through FaceBook while I drank my SPARK and *BAM* God kinda hit me in the face with answers to my questions from last night. 


Here's what I read:

Wouldn't it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy? This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself. The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out. ~Alan Cohen
Written by: Kayla (Click HERE to read her blog.)


That was written by my friend, Kayla. It was just a big wow moment for me. I 'liked' her status and kept on scrolling.

I ran into this one next:

Stay on track this weekend with your goals! Be strong and remember why you started this journey. I know it can be hard, but you are not alone. Look to God for strength, He is right there waiting for you to hand over your fears, your doubts and your worries to Him :) Blessings to you all. WE can do this!! Press on....
Written by: Jen (Click HERE to read her blog.)

What's kind of crazy about that one is I kind of stumbled across Jen's blog yesterday afternoon through a random series of events. A friend posted a picture to pinterest, which made a status update on FB. I clicked it, clicked the picture, and found her blog.... random right? Well, I sent her a friend request on FB through her blog because I liked her story and wanted to take some time over the next few weeks and read her blogs. Craziness. Her post this morning totally spoke to me. 

As I sat here thinking about how God just kind of handed me some inspiration on a platter, I scrolled a little further....and found confirmation number 3.

When God gave the command to go to Pharaoh and lead the Israelites out of Egypt, Moses' immediate response was to say, "Who am I?" Perhaps he was thinking of his occupation as a lowly shepherd living in Midian. Maybe he was referring to his lineage--He was part of the Hebrew race that was enslaved in Egypt. Or He might have been recalling his past, when he killed an Egyptian and had to flee Egypt (Ex. 2:12). The Lord answered his objection with a wonderful promise: "I will be with you" (3:12).

In order to carry out God's plan, we need to believe fully in the One who has called us. When Moses questioned his assignment again, the Lord answered by revealing Himself as the great I AM and the One who had promised to rescue the Israelites (vv. 14-17). By trusting in the character and promises of almighty God, Moses would be able to carry out this seemingly impossible assignment. -Dr. Stanley 
Written by: Derrick

And then my friend, Derrick, commented on his post. He said: "Faith barriers hinder the flow of divine power in our life, slow spiritual growth, and prevent us from fully carrying out God's will. We must remember who He is, who we are, and where power comes from. That is, He's Sovereign over all, we're new creations in Christ, and His Spirit empowers us."

Okay, God. I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment