Friday, February 10, 2012

Pj's and Puzzles

I read a blog yesterday that completely changed my world. How many times have I been Mount Saint Mommy and erupted over the smallest little thing?! "OH MY WORD? REALLY!?! You dropped CRUMBS on my CARPET! GET TO THE TABLE!!!" As if the world was about to end right this minute if my kid dropped another crumb on a totally vacuum-able floor. In that moment, what should have been more important? My kid - who, by the way, was totally mesmerized by the book he was reading and had NO CLUE that a crumb dropped on the floor - Or my carpet? .....no brainer, right?..... You'd think so...

So, today I woke up with the determination to do different. (You see, I've realized that wanting to change, and actually changing are completely different. I must do in order to become.) Today I am remembering "don't sweat the small stuff while sweating the small stuff", as Robbie Page so perfectly put it. Today I have a mental picture of myself at age 2, age 3, age 5, and age 8. I am remembering what life was like then, so that I can give my kiddos the grace and the room to be 2, 3, 5, and 8. Today I am remembering that obedience is important, love is important, grace is important, and my children are important. My carpet is NOT important. 

On this rainy Friday, we have stayed in our pj's, we have done puzzles, we have played Thomas the Train UNO, we have laughed, we have giggled, we have hugged and snuggled, and we have been 2, 3, 5, and 8 - together.


And so, I want to extend Robbie's challenge to YOUGirls....take a big deep breath.  Let go of the control and open your hands so that your knuckles can get some blood back in them.  Decide that you are going to live in their worlds today. Smile, be safe, be love, be everything God called a MOMMY to be.


And I ask you to do this also: Go read her blog. Read it for yourself. Take from it what speaks most to you. And then let's do different, together.


With all the "mommy love" in my determined heart,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment