Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Just for the record, my kids have the best Dad in the world. 
I'm not kidding. 
The man is amazing.


So, for Father's Day this year I wanted to do something more than just a card from the store that the kids all signed. I decided to get the kiddos involved and make something to show him how awesome we think he is. The project we picked was a homemade candy card. We planned, schemed and shopped all week, and then created the card while he was at work on Saturday, the day before Father's Day. 
We had a blast making it and made tons of memories in the process. 

We took a million pictures, but here is one of my favorites.

The kiddos did an amazing job keeping it a secret until the big reveal! 
I was actually a little shocked that they ALL managed to keep it a surprise! 
Even my littlest didn't spill the beans!

Father's Day arrived and we went to church and, afterwards, my mother-in-law and I made lunch for Kurt and my Father-in-law. 

We made pork chops, green beans, and my maw-in-law's special german-fried potatoes!

I was trying to give her bunny ears but I didn't get my hand up quickly enough!

After lunch it was time for the kiddos to give their Daddy his homemade gift. They were so excited!!!


It was a HUGE hit. He loved it! I even saw him get a little misty-eyed. (Shhhhh....he won't admit it, but I know what I saw.) ;)

This man means the world to me. He has been my rock, my best friend, and the one who loves me no matter what for the last 8 years. I am proud of the man he is. And I am thankful for the Daddy he is to our babies. I couldn't ask for anything more.



I hope you had a chance to thank the men in your life who have helped shape and mold you, who have supported you and been there when you needed them.
I had an amazing Daddy (well, I technically still do!) and I will be forever grateful for his unconditional love. I've always been his princess and he has always made me feel adored, important, and cherished.
It's his fault I found the amazing man I did.
(You see, my husband had a high standard to live up to. And so, only a man as amazing as Kurt was able to pass the bar. I married an amazing man.)
Thank you, Daddy, for showing me what true love is and for setting me up for a life of happiness and blessings. Your prayers for me have made all the difference in the world.
I love you.

Me and my Daddy. The first man I ever loved. <3

And to all the other Dads out there....

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment